Friday, May 4, 2012

The garden

I meant to continue my description of the house, but I got sidetracked by life. And apart from continuing on rebuilding the chimney in one of the upstairs bedrooms, not much work has gone on inside.

The reason for this is that we have been working in the garden instead. The weather has been very good and part of the back garden has been redone. I did some weeding. There is more to do, but I can't reach those parts at the moment as the grass has been reseeded and I can't walk on it for another couple of weeks.

This is very annoying. I can see the weeds coming up and I want to remove them, but I can't risk damaging the lawn. I also planted tomatoes, paprika and aubergines in the green house. In redesigning the garden, we've moved and halved the size of the green house. This makes it more practical for us.

The greenhouse is now against the girls' play house, which used to be the chicken coup. It sits on a tiled base, which means we can no longer plant things straight in the soil, but everything goes into pots. This may seem madness to the dedicated gardener, but we aren't dedicated gardeners and growth in the greenhouse got out of hand. A wild bramble took over and it was a mess.

So now I can control it a bit more easily. The five plants, 2 tomato, 2 paprika and 1 aubergine, were bought from a garden center as I never got round to seeding any this year. I usually do, but the garden was finished, nor was the greenhouse. The latter only got glass a week ago. Hopefully next year I'll be a bit more pro-active...

I will write some more about the house, probably next week. I'll be busy this weekend, so I doubt anything will happen then. But sometimes miracles do happen. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment