I have a confession to make - I own a big, old house.
Now, for a few definitions....
Old - well it was built in the 1880s, the carpenter signed his work in 1884, plus we have a copy of the history of the house since it land was first purchased for the house.
Big - in truth it's not that big. There are five bedrooms and five reception rooms. No on-suite bathrooms, but 3 full bathrooms throughout the house. Then the usual kitchen and dining room. There is also a carriage house, which is attached to the main house, plus one other outbuilding, but I'll say more about that in another post. It's not a stately home or castle or even a manor house, but it's big enough for us. I grew up in a 3-bedroom semi and it's a lot larger than that...
I'll add more detail about the house, its rooms and the pros and cons of living there in the next few posts. I love my house and I love living there.
No comments:
Post a Comment